- £45 includes return coach trip, tour guide, and entry to Highclere Castle.
- Trip date: Monday 14th September 2020
- 8.30 pick up at Bracknell Train Station. Arrive back approx. 17.30.
- Alternatively pickup 8.50 at Winnersh Showcase Cinema.
- Our coaches are Covid-19 secure. Social distancing is observed on board and coaches are deep cleaned between use.
Let us take you on a guided tour of ITV’s hit show Downton Abbey.
We first spend the morning driving through the beautiful Cotswolds to visit some of the outside locations used in the filming of the show. Then we arrive at Highclere Castle, where you can explore the state rooms, treading the familiar paths of Lady Violet, Mr Carson and Anna Bates.
From there, you can join the 5th Earl of Carnarvon on his expedition through ancient Egypt and discover Tutankhamun’s tomb. Delve straight into history as you examine Egyptian artefacts and a reproduction of his famous sarcophagus.
Why not stroll around the grounds and spend a few quiet minutes in the untamed beauty of the wildflower meadow, or perhaps walk among the healing herb garden, a source of comfort for many soldiers during medieval times. Pick one of the meandering paths through the idyllic parkland and rejuvenate yourself with the captivating landscapes, taking a moment to sit in the Etruscan Temple. As Mr Carson once said, “The business of life is the acquisition of memories. In the end, that’s all there is.”
We’d love to take you on this adventure, buy your tickets today to avoid disappointment. Simply complete the booking form below.